This is a fast lunch or dinner you can quickly throw together when you don’t feel like cooking.
Tips for buying canned tuna:
- Tuna with the most omega-3s, albacore, skipjack and bluefin
- Choose BPA-free packaging
- Check labels for “pole-caught” or trolling – they are more sustainably harvested
- Read the nutrition label for added ingredients
Tips for buying asparagus:
- Choose stalks that are firm, smooth and stand up straight
- Stalks should be a rich green colour, with a bit of white at the bottom of the stalk
- Tips should be closed and not starting to open
Salad Niçoise with Asparagus
(Makes 2 servings)
- ½ lb small red potatoes (about 5), cut in half
- ½ lb fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 -2½ oz of albacore tuna, packed in water
- ½ cup pitted Niçoise or Greek olives, halved
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (to taste)
- 2 handfuls of salad greens
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan and cover them with water. Place on the stove at medium-high heat and bring to a boil. When it’s boiling, reduce heat slightly to a simmer and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Add the asparagus during the last 3-5 minutes of cooking.
- While the potatoes are cooking, whisk the oil & vinegar together in a small bowl and add salt & pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Place a handful of salad greens on two plates or in containers. When the asparagus and potatoes are tender, carefully drain them before plunging them into ice water to cool. Drain again and divide between the plates.
- Add the tuna and the olives to the plates, and drizzle with the oil & vinegar dressing.
Personal Access to my Blog Posts!
Sign up and be the first in line to receive my latest posts.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.