Are you tired of eating plain yogurt for breakfast every day? If you're looking to add a burst of flavour and nutrition to your morning routine, try making your own Spiced Mixed Berry Chia Compote! This antioxidant-packed recipe is a game-changer, and it tastes much better than store-bought jellies and jams. Trust me; you won't be disappointed! Plus, this compote is versatile enough to be used in a variety of ways. Stir it into your oatmeal, top your sprouted grain toast, and serve over pancakes, or enjoy it on its own. Let's get cooking!
Spiced Mixed Berry Chia Compote
● 3 cups mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
● 2 tbsp orange juice
● Zest half an orange
● ½ tsp cinnamon
● ½ tsp ground ginger
● 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
● 1 tbsp chia seeds
1. To prepare the berry mixture, combine berries, juice, zest, spices, and syrup in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching and to break up the berries.
2. Reduce the heat to low once it boils and let the mixture simmer for approximately 10 minutes, stirring frequently and continuing to break up the fruit.
3. After simmering, remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the chia seeds. Allow the mixture to cool before transferring it into a storage container. Store the container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
To sum up, the Spiced Mixed Berry Chia Compote is an easy and healthy recipe for breakfast or dessert. Combining mixed berries, chia seeds, and spices results in a delicious and nutritious dish. Chia seeds are an excellent source of protein, fibre, and omega-3 fatty acids, making this compote an ideal choice for a healthy start to the day or a sweet treat.
Give this recipe a try, and let me know how you like it!
Personal Access to my Blog Posts!
Sign up and be the first in line to receive my latest posts.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.