Boost Your Breakfast by adding vegetables. Vegetables help fill you up with fibre, boost your health with minerals, phytonutrients and vitamins, AND are incredibly nutrient-dense. It’s an easy and delicious way to give yourself a little boost each day.
This make-ahead breakfast gives you a head start on getting your veggies in for the day. Try this comfort-food breakfast casserole. One batch can fuel your mornings for most of the week
Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, baked, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 10 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 2-3 tbsp hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until they start to soften about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and broccoli and cook for another 3-4 minutes before adding the peppers and mushrooms. Cook for 5-6 minutes, adding 1 pinch or two of salt to season. Add in the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Prepare a 9x13 casserole or baking dish coating with avocado or coconut oil.
- Place the sweet potatoes and veggie mixture into the baking dish.
- Whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, hot sauce and salt and pepper. Pour over the veggie/sweet potato mixture. (Optional: sprinkle goat cheese over the top)
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving
Here are some other ways you can add veggies to your breakfast.
🥗Toss a handful of greens (spinach, kale, collard, your choice!) into your eggs or smoothie
😍Add frozen butternut squash cubes to your smoothie (sounds weird, but tastes delish, especially if you add a banana!). You can find the cubes in the frozen food section at your grocery store.
🌶️Make a veggie scramble by adding diced peppers into your eggs. Top with salsa.
🍳Bake up some grab-and-go egg “muffins” that contain greens, peppers or other veggies of your choice
🍠 Top a sweet potato or poached egg with sauteed veggies.
Let me know what veggies you add to your breakfast in the comments below.
Personal Access to my Blog Posts!
Sign up and be the first in line to receive my latest posts.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.